Veganism is considered extreme for some, but for others, it’s a natural part of life. If you have never considered veganism or talked with a vegan, you may wonder, what do vegans eat. Some people like to joke around that vegans can only eat grass, but you will find out that vegan food can be delicious, nutritious, and colorful.
Some people choose to be vegan for ethical reasons. They believe that it is wrong to harm and kill animals for food. Others choose veganism for health reasons. They believe that a vegan diet is the best way to promote good health.
Still, others choose veganism for environmental reasons. They believe that raising animals for food uses up valuable resources, such as land, water, and energy.
Whatever the reason for choosing veganism, it is important to remember that a vegan diet can be healthy and delicious. There are many vegan foods available, and more are being created all the time. With a little creativity, we can make sure that we always have something tasty to eat.
What do vegans eat
So what do vegans eat? Foods made from plants! Here are some of our favorite vegan foods:
- Fruits and vegetables: Of course, fruits and vegetables are an important part of any diet. But they are especially important for vegans since they are our main source of nutrients.
- Beans and legumes: Beans and legumes are a great source of protein, fiber, and other nutrients. They can be used in a variety of dishes, from soups and stews to salads and veggie burgers.
- Grains: Grains are another great source of nutrients. They can be eaten on their own or used to make bread, pasta, and other tasty dishes.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are a good source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. They make a great addition to any meal or snack.
- Vegan meat substitutes: There are many vegan meat substitutes available, such as tofu, tempeh, and seitan. These products can be used in place of meat in almost any dish.
- Vegan cheese: Vegan cheese is made from plant-based ingredients, such as nuts, soy, or coconut. It can be used in place of dairy cheese in many dishes.
- Vegan milk: Vegan milk is made from plants, such as almonds, coconuts, oats, or soy. It can be used in place of dairy milk in many dishes.
- Vegan desserts: Just because you are vegan doesn’t mean you have to give up dessert. There are many vegan desserts available, such as cookies, cakes, and ice cream.
What vegans do not eat
As you may know, vegans do not eat any animal products. This means that we do not eat meat, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy, or honey. We also do not eat foods that contain animal ingredients, such as gelatin, casein, and whey.
- dairy products
Two vegan dishes to try
If you are having a hard time imagining a meal without meat, eggs, and other foods vegans don’t eat, here are two delicious vegan dishes you may try.
Easy cheesy pasta
The first recipe is the popular easy cheesy pasta but the vegan version. All you need is 4 ingredients and 30 minutes. Then you can enjoy this creamy comforting dish.
If you are not in the mood for pasta, try this vegetable curry. It’s made with chickpeas and cauliflower, and it’s full of flavor and nutrients. Don’t be afraid to try new dishes. Before I went vegan, I haven’t even tried quinoa. And here I am a few years later, loving it.
It sounds daunting if you are a life-long meat eater and suddenly you think about veganism. What do vegans eat is a common question. But don’t worry.
Maybe it seems confusing at the beginning but when you learn a thing or two and try new flavors and products, you see it’s not that hard to live without animal products.
Hi, I’m Petra and for most of my life, I was an omnivore. A vegan couple made me curious about veganism, so I did some research. What I found out about the animals, our planet, and the health benefits of a vegan diet made me go vegan overnight. It’s been 5 years now and it’s been one of the best decisions of my life.