If you are vegan or thinking about becoming one, you might be wondering which cities in the US are the most vegan-friendly. That’s what I was thinking so I’ve done some research. I was quite surprised to learn that there are more and more vegan-friendly cities around the US. Now I’ve compiled a list of the best vegan cities in the US to save you some time. These are some of the best places for vegans to live, based on factors like the number of vegan restaurants and the availability of vegan products.
Best vegan cities in the US
Vegan-friendly restaurants in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is the first on our list of the vegan-friendly cities in the USA. Los Angeles is often thought of as a great place for vegans, and with good reason. There are plenty of vegan restaurants to choose from, and you can find vegan products in most supermarkets. Here are some of the fully plant-based restaurants you can visit and enjoy.
- The Butcher’s Daughter – This restaurant is perfect for anyone who loves fresh, healthy food. The menu is entirely plant-based and they offer a variety of juices and smoothies as well. They also call themselves the “vegetable slaughterhouse”.
- Crossroads Kitchen – Crossroads is an upscale vegan restaurant that offers a creative menu with something for everyone. They also have an extensive wine list, making it the perfect spot for a date night.
- Shojin – Shojin is a Japanese-style vegan restaurant that specializes in sushi and other traditional Japanese dishes. It’s the perfect place to go if you’re looking for something a little different.
These are just a few of the great vegan restaurants Los Angeles has to offer. Whether you’re looking for fresh juices or gourmet vegan cuisine, you’ll be sure to find something to your taste.
Vegan-friendly restaurants in New York
New York is another on the list of the best vegan cities in the US. Again, there are lots of vegan restaurants to choose from, and you can usually find what you’re looking for in stores.
- The Little Beet Table – First on our list is The Little Beet Table. This restaurant is all about healthy, seasonal, and locally sourced food. They have an amazing selection of plant-based dishes, and they’re always coming up with new and creative ways to make veggies taste delicious.
- By Chloe – Next up is By Chloe. This place is a vegan’s paradise, with tons of delicious options to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for a burger or some yummy pasta, By Chloe has got you covered. Plus, their desserts are to die for – definitely worth a visit even if you’re not vegan!
- Blossom Du Jour – If you’re looking for a more casual spot, check out Blossom Du Jour. They have a great selection of vegan wraps and sandwiches that are perfect for a quick lunch. And their soups are always comforting and hearty.
- VSPOT Organic – Finally, we have to give a shoutout to VSPOT Organic. They make some of the best vegan empanadas we’ve ever had, and their smoothies are also pretty amazing. If you’re looking for a quick bite that’s still healthy and delicious, VSPOT is the place to go.
Vegan-friendly restaurants in San Francisco
San Francisco has plenty of options to choose from when it comes to vegan dining out. Whether you’re looking for a casual café or a more upscale restaurant, you’re sure to find something that suits your taste and budget. So next time you’re in town, be sure to check out one of these great vegan-friendly eateries. You won’t regret it. Here are some of our top picks.
- Shizen Vegan Sushi Bar – As the name suggests, this sushi bar offers up some of the best vegan sushi around. Their menu is 100% plant-based, so you can rest assured that everything is vegan-friendly.
- The Plant Café Organic – This café has a relaxed and welcoming vibe, and they offer a great selection of vegan dishes. Their organic ingredients make their food all the more delicious.
- Wildseed – Is an exceptional restaurant. They collaborated with a nutritionist to develop a whole-foods-based cuisine that is both fresh and delectable, as well as holistically nourishing.
Vegan-friendly restaurants in Portland
Veganism is becoming more and more popular, but it can be hard to find vegan-friendly restaurants when you’re traveling. If you’re planning a trip to Portland, Oregon, you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of great vegan-friendly options available. Portland is becoming increasingly vegan-friendly. Here are just a few of the best places to eat if you’re a vegan in Portland.
- If you’re looking for some great vegan breakfast options, check out Blossoming Lotus.
- For lunch or dinner, there are plenty of excellent choices, including Homegrown Smoker, and Vtopia Cheese Shop & Cafe.
- And if you need a quick snack or want to grab something to go, there are plenty of vegan-friendly cafes and bakeries around town, such as Back to Eden Bakery and Sweetpea Baking Company.
Vegan-friendly restaurants in Chicago
Chicago is a city with a growing vegan community. If you’re vegan, or even just looking to cut down on your meat consumption, Chicago is a great place to be. With an ever-growing number of vegan and vegetarian restaurants, it’s easy to find a meal that suits your needs. Here are some of our favorite vegan-friendly spots in the city.
- The Chicago Diner is one of the most popular vegan-friendly restaurants in the city. With locations in both Logan Square and Lakeview, it’s easy to get your fix. The menu features a variety of comfort food classics, all with a vegan twist. Highlights include the “BLT” sandwich, made with tempeh bacon, and the “meatloaf” plate, which features a vegan version of the classic dish.
- For something a little more upscale, try Urban Vegan. This River North spot is perfect for a date night or special occasion. The menu features seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients and changes frequently, so you’re sure to find something new and exciting each time you visit. Be sure to try the seitan “scallops” – they’re a real treat.
Whether you’re vegan or just looking to try something new, these restaurants are sure to please. So next time you’re in Chicago, be sure to check them out.
Vegan-friendly restaurants in Seattle
If you’re vegan and visiting Seattle, don’t worry! There are plenty of great restaurants that will satisfy your vegan tooth. Here are two of the many vegan-friendly eateries in Emerald City.
- Harvest beat is another great option for vegans in Seattle. These owners of the restaurant say they want to help create a healthy world, also with the help of this vegan and vegetarian restaurant.
- For a casual dining experience, check out Plum Bistro. The menu features American classics with a vegan twist, and there’s even a vegan kids’ menu.
Whether you’re looking for fine dining or a quick bite, you’ll be able to find it at one of Seattle’s many vegan-friendly restaurants.
Vegan-friendly restaurants in Boston
Boston is also a great city for vegans. In addition to the many vegan restaurants, there are also a number of companies that produce vegan products. Here are some of our favorite vegan-friendly restaurants in the city:
- Veggie Galaxy – This plant-based diner is a must-visit for any vegan in Boston. The menu features all your classic comfort foods, but with a vegan twist. From the “Not-Yo-Mama’s Tofu Salad” to the “Chickpea of the Sea Sandwich”, there’s something for everyone at Veggie Galaxy.
- The Allston Diner – This 24-hour diner is a favorite among late-night revelers and morning commuters alike. And, they have a great selection of vegan-friendly options, including the “Vegan Breakfast Burrito” and the “Hippie Hash”.
- Red Lentil Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant – This Watertown spot is perfect for vegans who are looking for a hearty meal. The menu features both vegetarian and vegan dishes, like the “Lentil Shepherd’s Pie” and the “Creamy Vegan Mac & Cheese”.
So, next time you’re in Boston and looking for a delicious vegan meal, be sure to check out one of these great restaurants. You won’t be disappointed.
The rise of veganism in the USA
The rise of veganism around the world and in the USA is nothing short of remarkable. In just a few short years, the number of Americans who identify as a vegan has risen tremendously. And it’s not just adults – even kids are getting in on the plant-based action.
So why this sudden surge in popularity? Well, there are a few factors at play. For one, more and more people are becoming aware of the devastating impact animal agriculture has on the environment. Large-scale meat and dairy production are a leading cause of greenhouse gas emissions, deforestation, and water pollution.
As we become more eco-conscious, it’s only natural that we would want to reduce our impact on the planet. And one of the best ways to do that is by choosing plant-based foods over animal products.
In addition, people are becoming more aware of the health benefits of a vegan diet. Studies have shown that eating a whole-food vegan diet can lower your risk of heart disease, type-II diabetes, and certain types of cancer. What’s not to love?
It’s no wonder that veganism is on the rise. With more and more people wanting to do their part for the environment and their health, vegan eating is here to stay. Who knows – maybe one day we’ll all be vegans! Wouldn’t that be something?
Chicago, New York City, and Portland are often cited as some of the best vegan cities in the US, but they’re not the only ones. There are plenty of other incredible places vegans can live, even if they don’t make the top three.
Now you know which US cities are most friendly towards vegans. These are not only great places to live as a vegan, but they’re also very good places to be in general. If you’re willing to travel, you might be surprised to find that many other cities in the US aren’t far off from being just as vegan-friendly as the ones listed above. We hope this has inspired you to consider one of these cities to visit or live in.